Incomplete file loading

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Bryand

Incomplete file loading

Post by Bryand »

I have a 300 page book created in Word and converted. I worked on it for several hours yesterday and added some illustrations. I saved and closed the file, which was 10.8 MB.
When I opened it this morning none of the illustrations or graphic lines were showing. I closed the file and re-opened it, This time it loaded to the first illustration (at about 12 pages in) and no further.
I closed it again and checked the size of the file which had not changed. then I reopened it and the whole of the text opened without the illustrations past the first one.
OK I placed one illustration, saved the file, and closed it to check that this worked. The file now was 11.8 MB. I re-opened it and once more it would not load beyond the first illustration.
I am new to Nisus Writer Pro and would appreciate any help in solving this problem.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Incomplete file loading

Post by martin »

Hi Bryand,

First, welcome to Nisus Writer and the forums! As to your problem, it sounds like you're running into some kind of bug, but it's hard to know what exactly. To better diagnose the problem, could you please send us a feedback report using the menu Help > Send Feedback? Please be sure to checkmark the option "send basic system information and recent crash/issue reports" so we can see if any errors have been logged.

If that doesn't turn up any clues, we'll have to see about maybe getting a snippet of your large file that reproduces the issue. Hopefully we can work this out for you. I'm guessing that perhaps there's some specific formatting or content in your document that's triggering the problem and I'm hopeful we can work around this.
Bryand

Post by Bryand »

Thanks. I've done as you asked.
Bryand

Post by Bryand »

Any ideas yet?