The Official Nisus Writer Express 2.0 Contest Thread

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
gemboy27

hours or days

Post by gemboy27 »

it would be nice to know if it is going to be a day, or another couple months...
I have never let my schooling interfere with my education/Mark Twain (1835-1910)
Todd

Tension grows...

Post by Todd »

The tension keeps building every day. It's like the movie "Fatal Attraction", but with less sex and more word-processing.
dshan

Ah Summer...

Post by dshan »

Of course spring is just beginning here in the southern hemisphere. So maybe we need to ask Nisus "summer in which hemisphere?"

Interesting but completely irrelevant fact:
In Australia we begin each season on the first of the month, completely ignoring the astronomical realities of equinoxes and solstices. This is by government legislation from early last century. No one really remembers why, it seemed like a good idea at the time... So we started spring on Sept 1st while the northern hemisphere was still technically in summer.

See, the time spent waiting for NWX 2.0 ain't so bad, though if pressed I'll vote for Sept 21 as the release date. I'd rather have it late and relatively bug free than when promised but broken.
cj

Post by cj »

With two weeks left, technically, in summer, is it time to declare early fall as targeted release date?
marc

Most be getting closer...

Post by marc »

On loading up Nisus.com today I thought for a second that NWE2 must've been released... oh hallelujah... but, no. : (

In purely speculatation I'll say that NWE2 must be close... the irrefutible proof? Charles, in a post to the Nisus Blogs -- of which I was inaware until the site redesign... that, itself, being one of the objectives -- mentioned that the site redeisgn would be the precursor to the release:

http://www.nisus.com/blogs/index.php?p=13

So I guess there's no arguing!? ;)

I'll say the 10th of Sept.

... and the 17th! :D
Todd

Here's how it will happen, folks...

Post by Todd »

Marc is almost right: Nisus is going to *intend* to release it on the 10th, but the alarming, last-minute discovery of a crucial bug with the new tables feature will force Charles and his minions to work feverishly over the weekend to eliminate the problem. All of this will all occur in secret, of course, in order to ensure plausible deniability and a smooth transition to the new world order of word-processors. As a result, Nisus Writer Express 2.0 will be released on MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 13th.

For extra credit (a copy of KeyFonts, perhaps?) I am also predicting that a mardi-gras-like celebration will erupt in the Solana Beach offices at precisely 5pm on FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 10th. At 5:02, Charles will order a Peach Margarita; blended, no salt. Vodka tonics for Jerzy, a tall glass of Maneschewitz for Mark, and Jola will settle for water because, amidst all the frat-boy carousing, someone still has to be responsible at the office.
dennisg

Post by dennisg »

I like your logic, Todd, if not your drink choices. But I read somewhere that Nisus is keen on releasing new products on Thursdays. I'm not sure I understand why -- something to do with news cycles. So if they find a bug on September 10th, I imagine the release will be delayed until the following Thursday.
- Dennis

"Is that your little friend in the wood chipper?"
rmark
Official Nisus Person

Re: Here's how it will happen, folks...

Post by rmark »

Todd,

I know this was meant in jest:
on 2004-09-08 10:13:03 Todd wrote:a tall glass of Maneschewitz for Mark...
Ugh, not on your life!

To successful writing by all and...

l'Chaim [to life!].
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.
Todd

correction

Post by Todd »

Actually I meant "a wide, frosty *mug* of Maneschewitz..." A tall glass would be gauche. My apologies, Mark.

Wait a minute... Are you saying that all the other stuff I said is true?
fheckl

NWE 2.0 suggested release date

Post by fheckl »

I then go for 2004-09-14 being next Tuesday
midwinter

Re: NWE 2.0 suggested release date

Post by midwinter »

fheckl wrote:I then go for 2004-09-14 being next Tuesday
That would be a very nice birthday present for me.
MacSailor

Post by MacSailor »

Now I have downloaded NWE 2.0 and will install it any minute now. I think we all won, maybe not the contest, but the feeling to have the new version up and running. 8)

Thanks guys, you got it out before the snow started to fall... :wink:
Peter Edwardsson
marc

So who won...? : )

Post by marc »

OK, my first guess was Sept. 9th... my partner's B'day -- she'll be soooo happy! ;)

So, did anyone else call it first? :)

Anyway, I've just downloaded it, so it's time to go have a look!
dave
Official Nisus Person

Re: So who won...? : )

Post by dave »

marc wrote:OK, my first guess was Sept. 9th... my partner's B'day -- she'll be soooo happy! ;)

Indeed, Marc is the winner of "The Official Nisus Writer Express 2.0" Contest. Thanks to all of you who participated!

Marc, contact me via email. Your prize awaits you.

Dave
shades

Re: So who won...? : )

Post by shades »

marc wrote:OK, my first guess was Sept. 9th... my partner's B'day -- she'll be soooo happy! ;)

Yep, you beat me by about six hours :)
shades wrote: 2004-08-17 18:52:02  
Well, August 16 didn't work too well.

Perhaps my son's 32nd birthday - September 9.
Congratulations.

I, too, am dowloading (56k modem, still) so it takes over an hour. Will begin testing in a few minutes.
MBP 2.4 GHz, OS X 10.5.6
NWP 1.2, Mellel 2.6, iWork 08