Comprehensible guidance on using Nisus Pro

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Kentun

Comprehensible guidance on using Nisus Pro

Post by Kentun »

I have to confess to multiple frustrations with Nisus pro, so many that I had to finish my last book in another word processor. I am trying to activate bookends with a view to compiling a bibliography. But bookends won't activate, and the infuriatingly complex help guide offers no solutions. I think the root of all my frustrations is the guide which drives me mad. Does anyone know of a more comprehensible help guide for Nisus Pro.?
Thank you
Kentun
Hamid

Re: Comprehensible guidance on using Nisus Pro

Post by Hamid »

If you want to activate Bookends from within Nisus Writer Pro, you have to choose Nisus Writer Pro as the word processor in Bookends' Preferences:General.
BookendsChooseNWP.gif
BookendsChooseNWP.gif (15.95 KiB) Viewed 5611 times
nisusnew

Post by nisusnew »

I second that. I would really love it if Nisus would make a youtube video to introduce new users to its features. Between getting up to speed on nisus and being a new mac user, it's a bit overwhelming. Looks like a great program though.
nisusnew

Post by nisusnew »

I second that. I would really love it if nisus would do a youtube video for new users.
Kentun

Post by Kentun »

Thanks Hamid for your reply. I can see that Bookends, like NWP, might work well for academics with one particular template to follow. But as someone who makes his living from writing of all kinds, books, articles, journalism, I want something less like a fancy, French, over-engineered automobile, and more like a working truck. I appreciate your help.