Save As document template bug

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
dennisg

Save As document template bug

Post by dennisg »

Okay, I've been putting 2.0 through its paces, and mostly I'm very impressed. I've come across what I think is a bug in the way it saves documents. As I noted in another post, I'm trying to create a template for my book chapters. I created the template, did a Save As, selected Document Template from the pull-down menu, then saved the document. I then closed it, reopened, and it loaded as an Untitled document, just as it should. However, when I went to save it with another name, it defaulted to Document Template when, at this point, I want to save it as a normal RTF doc. Is this a bug or a "feature."
- Dennis

"Is that your little friend in the wood chipper?"
charles

Post by charles »

The default file format chosen when you save a new document is based on your more recent choice. Since you had just chosen to save a document as a template, that was chosen when you tried to save again.

Try changing the format to RTF. Now, open your template again (to create a new file) and try saving that file. My bet is that the default chosen format will be RTF.

Cheers,
-Charles
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.