Nisus Writer 6.5 with Jaguar, Panther and Tiger (to come)

Nisus Thesaurus, Nisus Writer Classic– this is the place for all other Nisus products.
lrn4a440

Nisus Writer 6.5 with Jaguar, Panther and Tiger (to come)

Post by lrn4a440 »

Is there any hope of Nisus resolving their issues with Apple so that users of newer G4's (that do not allow for installating programs in OS 9) can use 6.5? I have been waiting for a year and have not read any updates on the language issues in any Nisus newsletters.

Thanks.
rmark
Official Nisus Person

Post by rmark »

lrn4a440,

I don't understand what you mean. Is it that you cannot run the installer to get Nisus Writer Classic 6.5 on your newer Macintosh?

The installer for Nisus Writer Classic was made a few years ago with a version of Aladdin's Installer Maker and does not know what a G4 or G5 Macintosh is. You can download the entire Nisus Writer Classic 6.5 folder from here:

<http://nisus.fileburst.com/NisusWriter65.sit>

Expand the downloaded file and move the folder it creates to your Applications (OS 9) folder.

Then open the Nisus Writer 6.5 folder, find the folder called “Put contents in System Folder”.

Open that folder (i.e. “Put contents in System Folder”) and drag the folder called “Nisus Guide 6.5 HTML” to the Help folder inside the (OS 9) System Folder.

If I misunderstood your question, perhaps what I've posted here will be of use to someone else.
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.