CMD A doesn't change all

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Jester

CMD A doesn't change all

Post by Jester »

When I hit CMD A to highlight all and try to change everything, Nisus doesn't anymore; e.g. I had some text in TNR 14, hit CMD A but it won't change everything, something that didn't happen before. I need to select the specific part of the text to have it changed.

/Daniel
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: CMD A doesn't change all

Post by martin »

When you say Command + "A" doesn't change everything, do you mean that Select All does not select all the text in your document? Or do you mean that all the text is selected, but changes you apply afterwards do not affect for all the text?

If it's the former (text is not selected), could you please send in a feedback report?
If it's the latter (changes not applied to all selected text), could you also send in a feedback report, but include a copy of your document?

Thanks! Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.
Jester

Post by Jester »

I feel stupid, I wasn't pressing enter in order to apply the changes, but I guess it's because I was used to seeing the changes directly, e.g. by just changing the font size, without having to press enter. Thanks for the reply!

/D
Jester

Post by Jester »

Hmmm now the document just changes by changing the font size without pressing enter. Bizarre :p .
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I wonder if you're not being confused by a recent change we made in how the stepper up/down arrows works in palettes– you wouldn't be the only user. Please see my post in another thread that explains the situation.

If that still doesn't explain it, please let us know. Thank you!
Jester

Post by Jester »

I see, that might be it, I think it's very cumbersome and annoying, and I would like the old way back because usually I'd have to change all the parts of a file, not just one specific section; e.g. I need to be sure that all of my thesis is in 2.0., not some parts in 1.6 and others in 2.1.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I can understand that the new way is perhaps unsettling if you're used to the old way, and want to be sure that things are consistent in your document. However, the new behavior also opens up possibilities that were very difficult to achieve in the old system, and it's still quite easy to enforce/apply uniform formatting. We hope that with some exposure, you'll find the new behavior quite reasonable.

And if you really want to ensure consistency in your document, I'd like to recommend exclusive use of the stylesheet. Styles really are invaluable in making sure your document has the same formatting everywhere.