mixed font sets in imported files

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
yaya

mixed font sets in imported files

Post by yaya »

I'm addicted to Classic (just had my 11th anniversary with your software) but want to take the leap to Express, which looks lovely. I am still a bit concerned about formatting disappearing (italics leaving some characters, migrating to others...). Also, I work with two font sets (Japanese mixed in with roman letters) and have noticed that in imported files Express doesn't always recognize my kanji and kana as Japanese. That's a big worry. Also, when I cut from Express and pasted back into Classic some of the characters turned to junk. Maybe a Unicode issue? The garbled text surprised me since the font it was in is available in Classic too. Hmmm. Help! Any tricks for keeping this sorted out?

In Classic, I like the way I can highlight all text in a document and tell it to change the font to, for instance, Heisei Mincho. Then If I highlight all and tell it to change everything to Palatino, it knows not to mess with the Japanese kana and kanji. Can I still do this sort of overall alignment of fonts quickly?
cchapin

Re: mixed font sets in imported files

Post by cchapin »

yaya wrote:In Classic, I like the way I can highlight all text in a document and tell it to change the font to, for instance, Heisei Mincho. Then If I highlight all and tell it to change everything to Palatino, it knows not to mess with the Japanese kana and kanji. Can I still do this sort of overall alignment of fonts quickly?
I just tried this in NWE 2.0, and it worked fine. I didn't use Nisus Writer Classic, so I can't help you with the first part of your question.

--Craig
charles

Post by charles »

Hi:

Please contact support directly about these files (support@nisus.com). There were a lot of changes between OS 9 and OS X, especially having to do with fonts, that could be the source of your problems.

-Charles
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.