Find/Replace

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
shurum

Find/Replace

Post by shurum »

Hello,

i tried the manual, but was overwhelmed by it.

How can I replace all the text that is Times 10, to Times 14?

thanks,

shurum
cchapin

Post by cchapin »

Find might not be your best option for accomplishing this. It is not sensitive to formatting at this point, though we are told that the Nisus folks are working on that. Find works best for locating and manipulating text strings without regard to formatting.

You might have better luck using the character formatting tag in the status bar.

1. Place your insertion point in a portion of text that is formatted with Times 10.

2. Locate the black underlined a icon in the status bar and click it.

3. From the menu that appears, choose "Select All." This should select all the text in your document that has shares the same formatting. (If Times 10 is the default for your document or is implemented in a style, I'm not sure how this will work. Also if some of the text you want has other formatting applied to it, it might be excluded.)

4. Then just change the font size to 14.

I hope this works for you.

--Craig
charles

Post by charles »

We are working on adding a formatted find/replace capability, but I highly recommend the approach Craig recommends. I use it all the time to clean up text. It is very helpful!

-Charles
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.