Envelope

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
cchapin

Envelope

Post by cchapin »

I was hoping that version 2.0 would fix the problem I had printing envelopes under version 1.x. Unfortunately I still haven't been able to print them properly.

I'm trying to print on a #10 envelope (4-1/8 inches tall x 9-1/2 inches wide). In the template that I devised, the return address (which is in a header) starts 0.4 inches from the left edge and 0.25 inches from the top edge. The address begins 4 inches from the left edge and 2 inches from the top edge.

However, when I print the envelope (on a Canon i70), everything is shifted down three quarters of an inch. It's legible, and the post office would accept it, but for business purposes, it doesn't make a very good impression.

Do others have this problem? Any ideas?

--Craig
charles

Post by charles »

Hm...do all your documents print with an offset, or just when you try to print to an envelope?

-Charles
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.
cchapin

Post by cchapin »

So far, just envelopes. Everything else (that is, letter paper in portrait orientation) prints fine, but the offset seems to occur consistently for #10 envelopes.

I should mention that the envelopes run through my printer sideways so the left edge is printed before the right edge.

--Craig
charles

Post by charles »

ok. So looking at the envelope horizontally (so you can read it), would the address be shifted to the RIGHT edge or to the BOTTOM edge of the envelope?

-C
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.
rob segal

envelope

Post by rob segal »

I have this exact problem too. The entire 'template' is shifted DOWN the page. I'm using header and footer on #10 envelope.
cchapin

Post by cchapin »

charles wrote:ok. So looking at the envelope horizontally (so you can read it), would the address be shifted to the RIGHT edge or to the BOTTOM edge of the envelope?
The text is shifted toward the bottom of the envelope as you would look at it in order to read it. Would it help if I sent the template or a document based on it?

Thanks, Rob, for your confirmation.

--Craig