Newbie question

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Mr.Tweed

Newbie question

Post by Mr.Tweed »

Just got NISUS and think it's excellent. However I can't seem to set up auto page numbering. When I insert a page number it simply adds a page number to the last text block on the page, and that's it.

I'm sure there's a simple explanation and I am not seeing the obvious menu but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Andrew
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Newbie question

Post by martin »

Welcome Andrew / Mr Tweed!

I think the detail you're lacking is that Nisus Writer Pro (NWP) lets you insert automatic page numbers anywhere in your document: in your main document body, footnotes, etc. When you insert such a number it will replace the current selection / insertion point. Most of the time this flexibility isn't needed, but it can also be quite useful.

What you probably want is to have the page number appear on every page, so you need to insert it into a header or footer. Here's what to do:

1. Switch to page view using the menu View > Page View
2. Click into the header or footer area at the top/bottom of any page.
3. Insert the page number using the menu Insert > Automatic Number
4. Align the inserted page number however you please (eg: using tab stops, rulers, etc)

I hope that helps. Please let us know if you still have trouble with this.
Mr.Tweed

Re: Newbie question

Post by Mr.Tweed »

martin wrote:Welcome Andrew / Mr Tweed!

I think the detail you're lacking is that Nisus Writer Pro (NWP) lets you insert automatic page numbers anywhere in your document: in your main document body, footnotes, etc. When you insert such a number it will replace the current selection / insertion point. Most of the time this flexibility isn't needed, but it can also be quite useful.

What you probably want is to have the page number appear on every page, so you need to insert it into a header or footer. Here's what to do:

1. Switch to page view using the menu View > Page View
2. Click into the header or footer area at the top/bottom of any page.
3. Insert the page number using the menu Insert > Automatic Number
4. Align the inserted page number however you please (eg: using tab stops, rulers, etc)

I hope that helps. Please let us know if you still have trouble with this.
Thanks for the prompt response, that fixed it.

:)