keyboard selection from Prompt Options dialog

Get help using and writing Nisus Writer Pro macros.
Þorvarður

Re: keyboard selection from Prompt Options dialog

Post by Þorvarður »

phspaelti wrote:As I suspected. The current macro will interact badly with Cliff's automatic name/glossary creation, and there is no simple solution, because once you have nested glossaries, the user will have to decide in which folder or sub-folder to save the glossary. Maybe if you only need the part about opening/turning on glossaries, the macro should be stream-lined.
Thank you Philip for your useful and important contribution.

When I run the macro I get this error message:
Error.jpg
Error.jpg (29.54 KiB) Viewed 9939 times
And when I click on the "Open Macro" button, this line is selected:

$glossaryNames = $glossariesInFolder.arrayByMakingValuesDoCommand 'lastFilePathComponent'

Is this a normal behavior (because I have not made any changes myself)?
phspaelti

Post by phspaelti »

What version of Nisus are you running?
philip
Þorvarður

Post by Þorvarður »

phspaelti wrote:What version of Nisus are you running?
Version 2.0.7. I shut down my computer, and after dinner, when I came back, everything is running smoothly. So sorry about the false alarm.
Now all glossary files are displayed, and all non-.ngloss files have been removed. Great job!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-07-18 at 14.30.03.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-07-18 at 14.30.03.jpg (91.59 KiB) Viewed 9937 times
credneb

Post by credneb »

I'd like to respond in an easier-to-read format with the parts being responded to in the white inset boxes.

How do you do this, particularly if responding to a message that is not last in the list?

I'm guessing it has something to do with the Quote button above this editing box, but selecting text, clicking Quote, and trying the Preview doesn't make for happiness.

Apologies for the simpleton question.

Thanks.
phspaelti

Post by phspaelti »

credneb wrote:I'd like to respond in an easier-to-read format with the parts being responded to in the white inset boxes.

How do you do this, particularly if responding to a message that is not last in the list?

I'm guessing it has something to do with the Quote button above this editing box, but selecting text, clicking Quote, and trying the Preview doesn't make for happiness.
You are talking about how to control this bulletin board.
What I do is I quote the whole message, and then edit out the bits I don't want. If you want to break up a longer message with multiple questions, you'll have to insert the quote commands manually.

Note also that you can quote from only one message, directly, and the "Quote" button always quotes the whole comment. You can quote from multiple messages, by first using "Quote" on the first copying the result, cancelling, and then pasting the result into another comment.
philip