Subscript footnote number and Bookends scan

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
johnflett

Subscript footnote number and Bookends scan

Post by johnflett »

Hi
I am writing in Scrivener and then formatting in NWP and use Bookends for my footnotes. I have a document which has over 850 footnotes and when I scan the document using bookends the footnote numbers become themselves "note reference in note" style, i.e., they cease to be subscript. Ideas?
John
phspaelti

Re: Subscript footnote number and Bookends scan

Post by phspaelti »

How about just changing the definition of the "Note Reference in Note" style to whatever you like? Or am I misunderstanding your problem?
philip
johnflett

Post by johnflett »

I have found a part solution. For some reason upon formatting with Bookends the style receives a "no subscript" tag. Delete this and it reverts to type. But as a secondary problem, it automatically sets in a 1in tab which a change in style does not account for because upon formatting with Bookends it seems to have no style, i.e., I would have to highlight each footnote paragraph and apply a style. I will try and set up styles within Scrivener and see if these are imported into NWP.
johnflett

Post by johnflett »

Just a note to say that I am still having problems with this. Nothing that I seem to do performs a universal change on the "note reference in note." All of the footnote numbers remain cambria font even though the style says Times New Roman.
phspaelti

Post by phspaelti »

Hello John,

I am posting a macro that should remove any formatting from the markers. Try and see if it works for you.
Fix Footnote markers.nwm
(16.83 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
philip