Shortcuts for navigating through document

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
NisusUser

Shortcuts for navigating through document

Post by NisusUser »

Well, I think I've asked this before, but I can't find any answers. Since moving from Windows to Mac several years ago and from Word to NWP, I still have some old shortcuts "embedded" in my mind that just don't work in NWP. So here is some info about what works on a Mac for navigating within a document.

I'm just posting this so I can find it again and maybe help someone else who's moved to Mac/NWP and struggles with this.

Seems to me these are Apple's system-wide shortcuts (i.e., should work for all Mac wordprocessors; they seem to work in TextEdit at least). Maybe that's why I couldn't find them in NWP Help.

What key combination will take me to the top of the document? Command-Up Arrow
What key combination will take me to the end of the document? Command-Down Arrow
How can I select from where I am up to the beginning (top) of the document? on a MacBook Pro it's Fn-Shift-Left Arrow (and the Right Arrow does the opposite) (the Fn key might not be needed on non-laptops)

Here's one I don't know the answer to:
What key combination will take me to the last place the cursor was (or scroll through recent places) after I've jumped to another place in the document?
Hamid

Re: Shortcuts for navigating through document

Post by Hamid »

NisusUser wrote:[...]
What key combination will take me to the last place the cursor was (or scroll through recent places) after I've jumped to another place in the document?
⌘] (Command-Right Square Bracket) (or Edit:Select:Previous Selection) takes you to the previous selection(s) or cursor location(s). 

⌘[ (Command-Left Square Bracket) (or Edit:Select:Next Selection) returns to more recent selection(s) or cursor location(s) 

Any time you press Enter, the line on which the cursor is hiding (or where there is a selection) becomes highlighted momentarily.

You can use alt-Down Arrow and alt-Up Arrow to move to the end of the paragraph and the beginning of the paragraph in which the cursor is located.
NisusUser

Re: Shortcuts for navigating through document

Post by NisusUser »

Thank you very, very much, Hamid!