Indenting last line (not your problem but...)

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
JBL

Indenting last line (not your problem but...)

Post by JBL »

I have been having a problem where, if I set the first line of a paragraph to be indented, sometimes the last line of that paragraph will also indent. This problem seems to occur in both NWE and TextEdit so it probably is Apple's fault. It also happens on both my 1.42 GHz G4 running 10.3.4 at work and my dual 2.0 GHz G5 running 10.3.5 at home. Anyone else seen this?
charles

Post by charles »

dennisg has reported this on another forum as well. We have been able to intermittently reproduce it, but as far as we can tell this is an issue with OS X. We have never seen this before either, so I wonder if this was a bug introduced in a recent update of OS X.

This does not appear to happen very often or for very many users, though I know it is frustrating for those who are experiencing it. We are trying to isolate the cause so we can fix it or have Apple fix it.

-Charles
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.
dennisg

Post by dennisg »

Charles,

The difference between his issue and mine is that he's reporting that the problem occurs in both NWE AND TextEdit. That would indicate a systemic Apple bug. But my problem occurs only in NWE. I can open a document in TextEdit that's pretty well screwed up in NWE, and the document's perfect. I close it, then open it in NWE and, bingo -- it's screwed up again.
- Dennis

"Is that your little friend in the wood chipper?"
JBL

Post by JBL »

Yeah, I definitely get it in both. I haven't really tried opening in one and then the other to compare because it doesn't seem to be consistant even within the same application. Typically I will open a document and it looks fine and I type away for half an hour, then look back at something I typed earlier and the last line of a bunch of the paragraphs will be indented. I'll try to see if I can't narrow down when it is happening for me a little.