Flush left, center, and flush right on a single line

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
kkatzmar

Flush left, center, and flush right on a single line

Post by kkatzmar »

I produce concert programs and church bulletins, and have used WordPerfect for the past millennium. But now I live in Mac World, and am putting NWP through its paces. There is one thing I simply can't figure out: in WP, you can, on a single line, have an item flushed left, an item centered, and an item rushed right. This is necessary for the layout I do. Is it possible in NWP?
NisusUser

Re: Flush left, center, and flush right on a single line

Post by NisusUser »

Welcome to the forums. I think that to do that I'd use tabs and a left justified or fully justified paragraph. Click on the ruler bar at the top to insert a tab. Then click on the tab to open a dialog box. Then you can change it to left, right or centered.
kkatzmar

Post by kkatzmar »

I think I got it. Thank you!
It took me a while to understand it, since the whole approach in NWP is so wildly different than in WordPerfect, but with your help, and the manual (pages 85-89), I got good results. Thanks again.
Þorvarður

Post by Þorvarður »

kkatzmar wrote:It took me a while to understand it, since the whole approach in NWP is so wildly different than in WordPerfect
How does WordPerfect do this?

What is it exactly that you are trying to do? I ask because in Nisus there may be other and better ways than using tabs. Columns with Column Breaks, for example, are sometimes better than tabs, because you have more control over how the text and images appear on the page.