Save Problems — Both as to Nisus New File.dot; and Autosave

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
foster13

Save Problems — Both as to Nisus New File.dot; and Autosave

Post by foster13 »

Help. I can't save changes to Nisus New File.dot, and apparently my files aren't being autosaved.

What I've done: pretty much everything I could think of, each several times — ran Disk Utility from the Recovery boot-up, reset ACLs under 'resetpassword' in Terminal from the Recovery boot-up, reinstalled Nisus, changed the read/write options to apply to all enclosed items in both my Documents and Nisus Documents folders, followed Linc Davis' terminal instructions in https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6680762, etc.

New File.dot. I cannot save changes to Nisus New File.dot. I get the message: "The document “Nisus New File.dot” could not be saved. You don’t have permission. To view or change permissions, select the item in the Finder and choose File > Get Info."

I saw the part about making a duplicate, but don't understand how to use this for purposes of opening a new file with a particular style / format.

Autosave. I get the message: "The document could not be autosaved. You don't have permission to write to the folder that the file is in."

Please help me fix this!

Thanks, as always.
Beurlen

Re: Save Problems — Both as to Nisus New File.dot; and Autos

Post by Beurlen »

I had a similar problem after I updated to NWPro 2.2.1 beta. After fiddling around a little, I realized that the new NWPro app pointed erroneously to another HD with a backup of my primary disk. There may be a problem too, because the new app changed the location of the Nisus New File and the autosaved file location.

Maybe this can help to fix the problem.

Beurlen
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Please submit a feedback report using the menu Help > Send Feedback after the problem occurs, so we can help diagnose the issue. Be sure to enable diagnostics and checkmark the options to send along relevant logs, eg: the console log. The more information we can gather the better.
foster13

Post by foster13 »

You know what? While I was working, it suddenly seemed to 'fix' itself. I don't question further after those things happen! Thanks, as always [and also because, perhaps naturally, I'm posting have more questions… (see above)].
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

That's good news, thanks for letting us know. Hopefully going forward you'll have nothing but smooth sailing (and smooth writing).