2.1.1 AppStore

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
alange

2.1.1 AppStore

Post by alange »

Hi, do you have an idea, when 2.1.1 is available in the MAS?
phspaelti

Re: 2.1.1 AppStore

Post by phspaelti »

This seems to be up to Apple, and apparently Apple is in no rush to make the update available in the store.
If you already own version 2 of NWP you can download the update as per these instructions: http://www.nisus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6038
philip
alange

Post by alange »

Thanks a lot. I would prefer to receive updates via MAS - as I understood: you did everything from your side, to publish 2.1.1 also via MAS. So I will wait.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

What Philip says is generally true: all application developers must wait for Apple to review and approve updates.

The situation we've run into with Nisus Writer Pro (NWP) versions 2.1 and 2.1.1 is a little bit different. We're having technical problems with Apple's developer tools. Currently we are unable to even submit application updates to Apple for review. However, we are working with Apple developer technical support to resolve these issues. Unfortunately we have no idea when NWP 2.1.1 will finally be available in the Mac App Store.
alange

Post by alange »

Thanks. Ist it plausible to use the Update from your Website and perhaps later Ägäis from MAS?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

alange wrote:Thanks. Ist it plausible to use the Update from your Website and perhaps later Ägäis from MAS?
That should be no problem, as Mac App Store (MAS) purchases are tied to your Apple ID and can always be refreshed. You can update to NWP 2.1.1 from our website now. Then later, once 2.1.1 is in the MAS, you can delete NWP and use the MAS to download it again.
alange

Post by alange »

Hello,

as you wrote, I made a download of 2.1.1 and installed. But if I like to search the licence of my MAS-version of NWP and get this:

That application was not obtained from the Mac App Store.
No receipt file exists inside:
/Applications/Nisus Writer Pro.app

If I press the COMMAND-button and if I go (as written) to application folder > Nisus it is the same. Please help. Thank you.
alange

Post by alange »

Hello,

in your "instructions" is a mistake. In your new blog you wrote "Do not put it in the same folder as the Mac App Store version or it will overwrite that version." That is important, but wasn't a part of your instructions. So I followed your instructions and made this mistake. I hope I could correct this with de-installing all, re-install via MAS and afterwegs re-installing 2.1.1 in another folder.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I'm sorry our instructions were not initially clear. We've amended them and provided a FAQ: how do I switch from a Mac App Store version to a direct download version?
alange

Post by alange »

Hi, do you have new information about Nisus 2.1.1 in the MAS? I still would prefer downloading via MAS. Yours, Andreas
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I'm afraid not Andreas. We're still overcoming obstacles with our MAS submission, and unfortunately do not have a time estimate for when they might be resolved.
Blastanoid

Post by Blastanoid »

Please Martin,
be honest with us... there's still hope for an update of the MAS Nisus or we have to forget about it?

Carlo
alange

Post by alange »

It would be very nice, to receive updates via MAS - we're still waiting.
alange

Post by alange »

Is there anything new? It is very difficult to understand these problems you have with the MAS - I'm still hoping....
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Blastanoid wrote:be honest with us... there's still hope for an update of the MAS Nisus or we have to forget about it?
There's nothing new to report yet on the Mac App Store (MAS) situation, but don't give up hope yet. We're still trying.
alange wrote:Is there anything new? It is very difficult to understand these problems you have with the MAS - I'm still hoping....
I know it's hard to understand what's taking so long, but the situation is unique to Nisus Writer Pro. We've successfully deployed other apps to the MAS (eg: Nisus Writer Express and InfoClick).

The problem with Pro comes down to our LibreOffice-based importer and the way it runs afoul of some MAS guidelines. I won't get into all the details, but the MAS submission process has been a frustrating experience for us as well. Apple's validation tools don't detect the guideline violations, so we're forced to continually resubmit and wait in the review queues; a wait time of 8-10 days is not uncommon. That means every time we try to fix the situation, we have to wait over a week to see the results.