Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
automate change of fn nos., hyperlinked to not-hyperlinked? 

i have a document with lots of footnotes. The footnote numbers in both text and note are all hyperlinked to a web version of the same document, so that if you click on them, you end up looking at the document in your browser. I want to retain the footnoting, but get rid of the hyperlink in the footnote numbers.

so first of all, how to search for (any) hyperlink? i haven't found the method of searching for a hyperlink, and the manual doesn't seem to document one.

secondly, how to automate the change from hyperlinked to not-hyperlinked?

thanks; i'm a newbie.

2015-06-19 12:03:19
Official Nisus Person

Hello John,

I realize these answers come quite a long time after you posted your questions, but in case it's still helpful:
johnburnett wrote:
so first of all, how to search for (any) hyperlink?

There isn't a way to search for hyperlinked text. I'll have to file it as a feature request. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

However, for users of Nisus Writer Pro there is a macro solution. The following macro will select the next bit of hyperlinked text in the active document:
Code:
Select Next Link

I know this doesn't help users of Express, sorry.

Quote:
secondly, how to automate the change from hyperlinked to not-hyperlinked?

Once you have one or more pieces of hyperlinked text selected, just use the menu Insert > Hyperlink > Remove Link. All links in the selected text will be removed at once.

Because you're working with footnotes, here's a tip on how to select all footnotes at once:
1. Click into any footnote editing area.
2. Use the Select All command once (eg: the keyboard shortcut Command + A). That will select all of a single footnote.
3. Use the Select all command again to expand the selection to all footnotes in the entire document.

Now you can use a command like Remove Link to affect all of the selected notes at once.

2015-09-21 12:38:04
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]