Error message when starting NISUS

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
davistech

Error message when starting NISUS

Post by davistech »

I've been evaluating Nisus and need to get an answer to my problem before purchasing.

When I open the program or try to open a new document I get the following message.

The file "Nisus New File" could not be opened.
Permission was denied ~/Documents/Nisus/Templates/Nisus New Fole.dotpermission was denied: ~/Documents/Nisus/Templates/Nisus New File.dot [NSCocoaErrorDomain - code 257]:
~/Documents/Nisus/Templates/Nisus New File.dot

I tried deleting the file, but the program wouldn't open.

Please advise.

Phil Davis
Frankns

Re: Error message when starting NISUS

Post by Frankns »

I have the same problem ...

After setting my default storage location to my Desktop, I began receiving the permission denied error: ~/Documents/Nisus Files/Templates/Nisus New File.dot [NSCocoaErrorDomain - code 257]

Not sure what to do about it at this stage. Have checked permissions and moved the folder but no joy.

Distressing as I have work to do and can't.
Frankns

Re: Error message when starting NISUS - Solution

Post by Frankns »

Right after posting ... I went back to the Preferences, the <New File> pane/section on a hunch. The fix below seems to work ...

Select <New File> in Preferences and look for an error message saying that .dot was an unrecognized file type and asking if you want to open as a text file.

Select <Yes> and open as a .txt. The <New File> pane will become visible/available. (It wasn't before)

Go to the <Advanced> tab and ...

Select <Restore Factory Settings>

Voilà
davistech

Post by davistech »

@Frankns

I stumbled across the same fix as you and restored the factory settings. Everything seems to work now. Glad I wasn't the only one with the problem.
Frankns

Post by Frankns »

:D

Excellent!