NWP to Word Conversion and Word to MWP Conversion

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
davidrcalvert

NWP to Word Conversion and Word to MWP Conversion

Post by davidrcalvert »

Hi,

I know that when converting: say exporting to word from NWP that the document has added lines and page breaks are in the wrong place.
One solution proposed is to use RTF. That decrease the added lines somewhat, but has problems with list indentation and page breaks.

Does anyone have a solution or efficient workflow that reduces the problem of extra lines and spacing problems and page break issues when converting NWP to Word.

I really like using NWP, but it is necessary to convert to Word to send to other people. How do you minimize all the extra time spent in word to correct the conversion problems from NWP to Word?

Thanks,
David
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: NWP to Word Conversion and Word to MWP Conversion

Post by martin »

Using RTF is indeed the best way to ensure fidelity when passing documents between Microsoft Word and Nisus Writer. If you see any problems with lists or breaks when using RTF, please let us know and we'll take a look. If you do spot a problem, it would help for us to have an example document.
fljones3

Re: NWP to Word Conversion and Word to MWP Conversion

Post by fljones3 »

davidrcalvert wrote:Hi,

I know that when converting: say exporting to word from NWP that the document has added lines and page breaks are in the wrong place.
One solution proposed is to use RTF. That decrease the added lines somewhat, but has problems with list indentation and page breaks.

Does anyone have a solution or efficient workflow that reduces the problem of extra lines and spacing problems and page break issues when converting NWP to Word.

I really like using NWP, but it is necessary to convert to Word to send to other people. How do you minimize all the extra time spent in word to correct the conversion problems from NWP to Word?
I may be wrong here but I don't think you have to export to Word in order for them to open an .rtf file. I recently started using NWP about 4 months ago. If you right-click on the file and indicate to open in Word, it opens the file. Try that and see if the extra lines and breaks are still there.

Frank