First Page Disappearing in Page View

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
swalkerc

First Page Disappearing in Page View

Post by swalkerc »

I have a couple of documents where (after they are saved, closed, and then reopened for editing) the text on the first page disappears in Page View. I still see the header and the footer, but no page outline or text for the page itself. If I switch to Draft view, the text is all there, but I cannot figure out how to get it to reappear in Page View. All of the other pages in the document are completely normal. Any ideas??
Attachments
Here's a screen shot of the first page in Page View with the missing body/page/text
Here's a screen shot of the first page in Page View with the missing body/page/text
Screen Shot 2016-01-08 at 2.25.32 PM.png (28.1 KiB) Viewed 4213 times
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: First Page Disappearing in Page View

Post by martin »

Am I correct in assuming that you are using Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan? If so, this is a known problem, which is triggered by the use of automatic page numbers in the headers or footers. If you remove those page numbers and reopen your document, all text should appear correctly.

We do have a software update planned that fixes this problem. However, if you can't wait and need to solve this problem immediately, please contact us privately via the menu Help > Send Feedback. Sorry for the trouble.
swalkerc

Post by swalkerc »

Thanks! That fixed it. Not being able to use automatic numbers for page numbers is a bit problematic, but I'm glad there's a fix coming.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I can understand that it's a problem– sorry about that. The good news is that fix should be made available soon.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

This issue has been resolved in Nisus Writer Pro version 2.1.3.