Canvas: Invert colors

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
salv0

Canvas: Invert colors

Post by salv0 »

One feature that I enjoy with book readers on a device is Night Mode, where the canvas background is black (or dark colored) and the characters are white (or light colored), because it reduces eye fatigue. Is there a way to invert the colors in NWP's canvas (the area between the ruler and the status bar)? I am asking about inversion because it would relieve me of having to adjust various colors I use for things like bookmarks, links, etc.
MacMini(Late2014) & MacPro(Late2013):
NWP 3.0.4
OSX 10.14.6
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Canvas: Invert colors

Post by martin »

We don't have a dedicated "night mode" or any way to globally invert all colors, but we do allow you to customize many colors in Nisus Writer Pro. If you open our preferences and switch to the Appearance pane, you'll see an area near the bottom labelled "customizable colors". One of the categories is "document views", where we have options to control the page color, backdrop, etc, for a variety of document views.

One other thing I'd like to point out: if you switch to Draft View and then activate OSX's full screen mode, the color scheme will switch to that set by "full screen" color preferences. By default this is actually an inverted color scheme, where the background is dark and text is light.

I hope that helps.
salv0

Re: Canvas: Invert colors

Post by salv0 »

Draft View "full screen" definitely takes things in the right direction, even if it's not entirely an inversion. Unfortunately, "full screen" is device-oriented, and such a waste of screen space for a two-monitor desktop. I think I'll formulate a pair of macros that should produce what I want. Thanks just the same.
MacMini(Late2014) & MacPro(Late2013):
NWP 3.0.4
OSX 10.14.6