Generic document icons on new MacBook Pro Retina

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
bjcarlton

Generic document icons on new MacBook Pro Retina

Post by bjcarlton »

Trying to trouble shoot here. I just got a new MacBook Pro, with a Retina display. Of course, about the first thing I did was to install Nisus Writer Pro on it. The application works fine, but all my document icons are generic white rectangles in list mode, and white rectangles with the letters "DOC" in them in icon mode. I've tried rebooting the computer, and uninstalling and reinstalling Nisus Writer. I'm not having much luck Googling the problem, and haven't found mention of it on this site. Anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks

Barry
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Generic document icons on new MacBook Pro Retina

Post by martin »

Hi Barry: I'm sorry you've had trouble. It sounds like the problem is that your Nisus Writer documents have generic icons, and probably don't open in Nisus Writer (eg: when you double-click one in the Finder). If so, you just need to adjust your Finder's "open with" preference, so that it associates DOC files with Nisus Writer.

You can fix the issue by following the steps laid out in this FAQ topic. That topic mentions TextEdit and RTF files, but the steps you take to fix the problem are the same.

If you have any questions, or I've misunderstood your problem, please let me know.