Nisus Writer Pro 2.1.3 crashes in El Capitán

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
michaelj

Nisus Writer Pro 2.1.3 crashes in El Capitán

Post by michaelj »

I have been using NWP 2.1.3 without a problem since January. Suddenly, today, 2/27/2016, it refuses to open, with the error message: "Nisus Writer Pro quit unexpectedly." The Preferences Folder for NWP has disappeared. I tried replacing the app with a freshly downloaded copy with no improvement. What is going on?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Nisus Writer Pro 2.1.3 crashes in El Capitán

Post by martin »

I'm sorry for the trouble. The problem was caused by an Apple update that disabled the ethernet port on some Macs. Apple has since posted instructions on how to fix the problem.

As for Nisus Writer, it should not have been affected by Apple's bad update. That's our bug, and is something we will have fixed in the next update. If you still have troubles with Nisus Writer, or can't follow Apple's instructions to fix your Mac, please write to us privately at:
michaelj

Post by michaelj »

Thanks, Martin. Either you or someone else provided me with a beta version of NWP, which works fine so far. I'll keep you posted. I haven't noticed a problem with Ethernet, since I rarely use it, but I have had a problem with my Mac restarting randomly and sometimes often under El Capitán. I've taken my MacBook Pro to a "Genius" Bar and a repair shop, but no one has figured out the problem. It seems somehow related to the Internet. But I'm wandering off topic.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

It sounds like the issue with Nisus Writer is no longer a problem for you, but if anyone else runs across it, we just released Nisus Writer Pro 2.1.4 which fixes this problem.