formatting issues

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
keybored

formatting issues

Post by keybored »

perhaps these have already been covered -- i'm writing with NWE more than i'm reading forums -- but i notice two nagging problems: (1) hanging indents keep screwing up, especially by throwing the last line of a multiple line paragraph out to the left margin rather than to the indent observed by the rest of the paragraph; and (2) the last lines of paragraphs sometimes decide to indent themselves (so an 8-line paragraph suddenly emulates, in its last line, the initial indent of a "body" paragraph.

i hope these behaviors can be fixed, because they print as they are displayed -- wrong. and, yes, i have double-checked the paragraph settings to be sure of matters.

thanks!

robert siegle
charles

Post by charles »

Hi Robert!

I'm sorry you are experiencing this problem with NWE. We have reproduced this issue here and we are working on a solution. We will release a fix as soon as one is available.

Cheers,
-Charles
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.
JBL

Re: formatting issues

Post by JBL »

keybored wrote: the last lines of paragraphs sometimes decide to indent themselves (so an 8-line paragraph suddenly emulates, in its last line, the initial indent of a "body" paragraph.
For a while I was having this problem a lot. Then it seemed to go away. But yesterday I sent a document to a collaborator who uses Word on a Wintel machine. Today he sent it back and I see a bunch of indented last lines when I open it in either NWE or TextEdit. I don't know if that is just a coincidence.
dennisg

Post by dennisg »

I think I may have been the first to report the problem. One temporary fix is to open the documents in NWE 1.1.2, and the hanging indents mysteriously go away.
- Dennis

"Is that your little friend in the wood chipper?"
charles

Post by charles »

Hi:

As JBL notes, this problem appears to a bug in Cocoa that something in NWE2 triggers. We are working on a fix for it.

-Charles
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.