Multiple columns in the Footnote

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Windsor

Multiple columns in the Footnote

Post by Windsor »

Is there a way I can create a multiple columns in the Footnote without affecting the body?

When I tried to multiply the columns in the Footnote, I saw that the body's columns got multiplied :o In fact the whole book (or the file) became multiple columned!

How can I control it, if it is possible?

Thanks,
Windsor
Hamid

Re: Multiple columns in the Footnote

Post by Hamid »

Windsor wrote:Is there a way I can create a multiple columns in the Footnote without affecting the body?
You can have muliple footnotes on the same line by unchecking the 'One Note Per Line' box in the stylesheet under Footnote.

This way of presenting footnotes is best when notes are short enough as in the example I gave here:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5941#p27002
mutinotes.png
mutinotes.png (50.8 KiB) Viewed 8958 times
Windsor

Post by Windsor »

Thanks for the effort, but that's not what I am looking for. I already have the footnote the way you are suggesting, however, I am looking for a feature that will create a column in the footnote section, without making the whole file (the body) to have the same number of columns. For example, I want the body to remain in one column style, and the footnote box to be in, say, three columns (or two, or four). If it is doable, how can I do it?
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

Alas the number of columns in either the footnotes or endnotes field is still dependent on the number of columns in the main text.
A feature request was made quite some time ago to have notes in columns independant of the document section.
Windsor

Post by Windsor »

Thank you, I guess we need to revisit the request. This feature is a necessary add on feature.