Hiding invisible table gridlines

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
lyndondrake

Hiding invisible table gridlines

Post by lyndondrake »

Hi,

If I set the table gridlines to "none", they do indeed disappear but I'm left with some guidelines on the page. Doing "Hide page guides" and "Hide invisibles" makes no difference. As a quick fix I've set the colour of those guides to white (in the preferences), but I'm guessing that I am missing some menu option to hide them from the page rather than just set them to white?

Cheers,
Lyndon
phspaelti

Re: Hiding invisible table gridlines

Post by phspaelti »

Maybe I'm not understanding something here, but the table guidelines will be invisible as soon as you move the cursor out of the table. You would like them to be invisible even while you are editing the table? Why? So that you can't see in which cell you are editing? You could just close your eyes while editing :)
philip
lyndondrake

Post by lyndondrake »

I'm working on a document that is almost entirely a table, and so the guidelines never disappear because the cursor is never out of the table. I have cell borders/gridlines set up for the cell boundaries where I want to see gridlines, and the guidelines just clutter up the display and make it harder to see the formatting I have actually chosen…
phspaelti

Post by phspaelti »

Okay, I see your point.
So yes, white-on-white would be the closest you can get to invisible. But I'd recommend using an actual (very light) color that contrasts with whatever you are using for the gridlines.
philip
lyndondrake

Post by lyndondrake »

Well, I could do but I don't want to. Being able to show/hide table guidelines is a fairly normal feature, available in e.g. Word, Mellel, etc. A nice-to-have not a necessity, of course, but if it could be added that would be awesome.