Printing comments as annotations in NWP 2.1.3 not working

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
MacSailor

Re: Printing comments as annotations in NWP 2.1.3 not workin

Post by MacSailor »

alange wrote:But why so complicated? Every writer-software which I know (Microsoft, Libre, Mellel) could print annotations and comments and corrections as seen on the display. This is obviously a function which is needed. Why not in NWP?
This will be my wish for Christmas this year, NWP 2.2 able to print annotations and comments and corrections as seen on the display. ;-)
Peter Edwardsson
alange

Post by alange »

That is my wish also.
wolane51

Post by wolane51 »

I wished for this a few months ago, without success - but it's still a good idea. I use the Comment feature to mark student assignments, and without the ability to export the file as a PDF, or to print it, with the comments visible, I need to use another application to complete the marking process - which is cumbersome and inconvenient. (Not every student will be opening their assignment with the same software and/or file type which is why I want to export as PDF or alternatively to print hard copy) But you say Mellel is a better choice for this kind of workflow?
alange

Post by alange »

I usually use LibreOffice for my Nisus-Documenta, if I want to print comments. But this is very uncomfortable workflow. Nisus should be able to do this.
alange

Post by alange »

Are there any new plans to enable NWP to print annotations and corrections? It would be very important, that NWP could do this.
shrumpkin

Post by shrumpkin »

Þorvarður wrote:
martin wrote:Unfortunately Nisus Writer Pro (NWP) cannot print comments
Hello Martin,

This is a big drawback, especially for teachers, who in this case must use Mellel if they want to print handouts with comments.
A comment, in this sense, can be an explication, a question regarding a certain passage in an official document (in history classes), unknown vocabulary, etc. This is a challenge teachers face every day.

Printed comments can also be very useful when giving a speech or holding a lecture.

I believe the ability to print comments in Nisus should receive a priority status.

Please take my vote for printing comments.

Þorvarður
I definitely second this vote. I dislike having to export my NWP document into Word just so I can print out my tracked changes and comments. I work in a writing group, which needs this feedback.

Best,
Michael