Alternating header positioning issue

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
mhackney

Alternating header positioning issue

Post by mhackney »

Again, searched and read the User Guide. What I want to do is on page 138 in the Guide:

Insert a header and/or footer for odd numbered pages
1. If you have not already prepared your document for “reflected margins” as explained in “Mirror page placement” on page 130, open the Tooldrawer and select the Sections palette group from the icons at the top, or, choose the menu command Window > Palettes > Headers and Footers as explained in “Set the margins numerically” on 128.
2. Click Odd & Even Pages.
Checking Odd & Even Pages automatically turns on Use Facing Pages in the Section palette.
3. Click your insertion point in the Click for Header/Footer areas of an odd numbered page of the Nisus Writer Pro window.
4. Enter the contents of the header or footer in the window and/or choose appropriate variables from the various submenus of the Insert menu.

However, line 3 does not make sense or is not working. When I click in the Header area, the insertion point ALWAYS goes to the far left regardless of whether the page is left or right. I do have alternating pages and I see that with different margins on the left and right page view. How do I get the header to align to the right margin on an odd page?
phspaelti

Re: Alternating header positioning issue

Post by phspaelti »

mhackney wrote:However, line 3 does not make sense or is not working. When I click in the Header area, the insertion point ALWAYS goes to the far left regardless of whether the page is left or right. I do have alternating pages and I see that with different margins on the left and right page view. How do I get the header to align to the right margin on an odd page?
Right, it's working fine :)
Text always aligns to the left (unless you're writing in Arabic/Hebrew). If you want to align to the right click on the align to right. Or use tabs with right alignment.

The point of odd/even headers/footers is that you can format the odd and even ones independently.
philip
mhackney

Re: Alternating header positioning issue

Post by mhackney »

Got it, thanks!