I can not open document

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Orientalist

I can not open document

Post by Orientalist »

MacBookPro 10.6.8 & NisusWriterPro 1.4.2
I have many documents written in this way. There is one single document (35 pages) I can not open to day. Not in the finder, nothing works. My last using of the document was to dayabout 2 pm (Berlin time) which is registered also on "used documents".
All other documents are OK.
Reason?

Orientalist
Vanceone

Re: I can not open document

Post by Vanceone »

First of all, it sounds like a damaged file. Try opening Nisus so it is in the dock, running. Going back to the finder, locate the document. Hold down the command and option keys on the keyboard, and while holding them down, drag the document to the Nisus Writer icon in the dock. The Nisus icon should turn dark while your mouse is over the icon. Once it's dark, release your mouse, and Nisus should open your document.

At that point, we can see what, if anything, is in the document and why it may or may not be opening.

If this doesn't work, I suggest either attaching the document here in this thread or using the "send feedback" command in Nisus under the "Help" menu. You can attach your document there and send it privately to Nisus, who can take a look at it and recover/fix it for you.
Orientalist

Re: I can not open document

Post by Orientalist »

Thank you! Your first advise is very complicated for me :roll:
so I have sent a feedback to Nisus this morning.
Best

O.