hyphenation fails when importing from Pages 4.1

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
JohnOlsen

hyphenation fails when importing from Pages 4.1

Post by JohnOlsen »

I have a book written in Pages 4.1 and want to import it to Nisus Writer Pro 2.1.7.

When I import it by either 1) dragging the file's icon onto Nisus or 2) using the "Open" command from within Nisus, everything imports just fine, but hyphenation doesn't work. No words are hyphenated.

When I import it by "select all" and "copy" in Pages 4.1, then "paste" in Nisus, everything imports and the words will hyphenate properly.

Is this a bug? Is there a known fix? How can I import from Pages 4.1 to Nisus Writer Pro 2.1.7 and get properly hyphenated words, without using the rather primitive copy/paste method?

John
Kino

Re: hyphenation fails when importing from Pages 4.1

Post by Kino »

JohnOlsen wrote:When I import it by "select all" and "copy" in Pages 4.1, then "paste" in Nisus, everything imports and the words will hyphenate properly.
As I’m not using Pages, I may be wrong. But, from your description above quoted, I tend to think the issue to be a pseudo-problem.

Please make sure that…

1. The appropriate language attribute* such as English (U.S.), French, etc. is applied on the document text.
2. Under :View:Hyphenation, “Automatic - Normal” or “Automatic - More Often” is checked.
3. :Format:Paragraph:Prevent Hyphenation is not checked.

* To apply a language attribute, you can use :Format:Language or the Language pull-down menu in the status bar at the bottom of the document window.