Printing Book on LuLu.com

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
weiphotoarts

Printing Book on LuLu.com

Post by weiphotoarts »

Has anyone done this--tried to print on Lulu.com and have either their PDF had problems or their rtf corrupted?

I'm using Nisus Pro 2.1.7 on a MacBook Pro (mid 2009) with 4gb RAM and MacOS 10.11.6 (El Cap).

I've created a PDF using /File/Export as PDF, and Lulu.com says there's an error on converting the file for their printing (the book). I've check Adobe Acrobat, and the fonts, including Adobe Kaiti (for Chinese characters) are embedded in the PDF (actual term in "partially embedded." Is there another way to generate the PDF file for printing? BTW, I have recently printed this rather large file (150 page) on a HP Laserjet printer.

I also sent them two rtf files. First, the normal way, just as is. Second using the /Export As/Rich Text Format (for older applications). Both times LuLu.com informed me the file couldn't convert, because it had become corrupted.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wei Chong (WeiPhotoArts)
weiphotoarts

Re: Printing Book on LuLu.com

Post by weiphotoarts »

This is Wei Chong of WeiPhotoArts posting this reply.

PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST, BECAUSE I FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM. I was using the wrong font Cambria, when I should have been using Adobe Kaiti for the Chinese characters. Unfortunately it has led to other problems of vertical spacing, which I will later ask some advice from this helpful forum.