How to move Style library, glossaries, macro file directory

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Markus

How to move Style library, glossaries, macro file directory

Post by Markus »

When I installed Nisus Writer Pro 2.1.7, 4 file directories were created on the top level of my directory tree (style library, glossaries, macros, templates). I want to move them in a sub-directory. Just moving them in the Mac Finder resulted in the automatic creation and subsequent use of new ones.
How can I define the place where styles, macros, etc. are stored within Nisus Writer, please?
Thank you! M.
ScottinPollock

Re: How to move Style library, glossaries, macro file direct

Post by ScottinPollock »

Preferences > Doc Manager
Markus

Post by Markus »

Thankyou, but when I define in Doc Manager that the subdirectory "Nisus" should be used, and have files moved, it moves EVERYTHING there which had been on the top directory level before! I want wo move only the specific Nisus directories and keep the rest where it had been.
ScottinPollock

Post by ScottinPollock »

Not sure what you mean by EVERYTHING. I have set Doc Manager to use a directory in my user folder and the only items there are style library, glossaries, macros, and templates.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Markus wrote:Thankyou, but when I define in Doc Manager that the subdirectory "Nisus" should be used, and have files moved, it moves EVERYTHING there which had been on the top directory level before! I want wo move only the specific Nisus directories and keep the rest where it had been.
You'll have to tease this out manually, and move files back as needed. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Nisus Writer assumes (perhaps inconveniently) that all files in the chosen Document Manager folder should be kept in that folder. So if you change the folder location and ask Nisus Writer to move your files, it moves all the files in that folder. It doesn't know which documents were created, used, or saved by Nisus Writer. It's best if you choose a folder to use exclusively for Nisus Writer's Document Manager.

I'm sorry for any troubles this caused you.