Interactive check boxes available?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Bruno

Interactive check boxes available?

Post by Bruno »

Hi,

Is there a way to have interactive check boxes in the List Styles; meaning that when the user clicks inside one of those empty boxes the box changes its status from unticked to ticked? If not, please consider this as a feature request.

Actually, there is a workaround for this: Create a List Style with an empty box at Level 1 and a ticked off box at Level 2 with exactly the same Item and Text indents as for Level 1. When hitting tab the List Style changes from Level 1 (unchecked) to Level 2 (checked). But this is by now means intuitive.

Moreover, it would be great to have a few more variations of these check boxes at one’s disposal. Currently, there is only a filled black square, a flat empty square and a ticked-off square available.
Attachments
Checklist NWP.png
Checklist NWP.png (12.49 KiB) Viewed 11604 times
Þorvarður

Re: Interactive check boxes available?

Post by Þorvarður »

interactive check boxes in the List Styles
Nice suggestion.
Actually, there is a workaround for this […] But this is by now means intuitive.
But effective, once one has understood how it's done! Thank you for the tip.
Moreover, it would be great to have a few more variations of these check boxes at one’s disposal. Currently, there is only a filled black square, a flat empty square and a ticked-off square available.
You can use all the variations you find in the Characters pane via the flag menu (in the upper right screen corner.) One can also assign colors to the symbols. Unchecked could be in red, for example, and checked in blue. The symbols and text for checked items could also be slightly indented to make them stand out.
1.png
1.png (12.99 KiB) Viewed 11579 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (94.78 KiB) Viewed 11579 times
REMINDER for all newcomers: One needs to *save* the new list styles to a style library and to the Nisus New File, if one wants to be able to access these styles in future.
Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Hi Þorvarður,
Thanks very much for your detailed explanation. Unfortunately, somehow I don't get it how to create new Lists Styles with the variations of the Character Palette. I understand that I can insert these variations from the Character Palette like any other letter or number into a NWP document. But when creating a new Lists Style I cannot find any way to add any of these variations to the Bullet pop-up menu from the Lists palette (see image below).
Any help is much appreciated.

Best regards.
Attachments
1.png
1.png (15.46 KiB) Viewed 11526 times
Þorvarður

Post by Þorvarður »

Bruno wrote:I don't get it how to create new Lists Styles with the variations of the Character Palette.
1.png
1.png (30.25 KiB) Viewed 11502 times
Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Hi Þorvarður,
Now the penny has dropped for me. Thanks a lot for pointing this out!
Best regards,