Nisus email quiting more and more often

Nisus Thesaurus, Nisus Writer Classic– this is the place for all other Nisus products.
Bart

Nisus email quiting more and more often

Post by Bart »

I like Nisus Email, I can find my way around, and it's nice to be able to open messages easily with other programs. And, well, I must be honest: I somehow got to love this oddball email program. But ...

For some reason unexpected quits without warning, or with some incomprehensible "out of bounds" warning, happen more and more often. I am thinking about moving to a different program, but moving means leaving all my stuff behind, and it also means learning a new program, getting used (again) to its limitations and quirks. For the time being that's all that stops me.

Is there a way to get NE back on track again? Would it help to dump some files, and if so, which ones? Are there plans to develop a new and less buggy version of NE? Is there any light at the end of this tunnel? Or some switches on the way?

Bart
MacSailor

Post by MacSailor »

I decided to quit Nisus Email before it quitted me :wink:

Now using Mail.app, looking at Thunderbird and some rare times PowerMail.
Peter Edwardsson
mirko

Post by mirko »

I am afraid Nisus Email has been quietly retired: if ou look at the Nisus website or webstore, you won't find reference to it anymore...
MacSailor

Post by MacSailor »

Let Nisus Email RIP and let’s go on with the flagship NWE instead and put all the effort on making it solid like a rock.
Last edited by MacSailor on 2005-03-29 00:21:53, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Edwardsson
Bart

Post by Bart »

Well the advice (advise?; I'll never learn the difference) is clear. Thank you Mirko and Peter. I'll try to fathom Mail.app during chrismas ...

all the best
Bart
Wizardling

Post by Wizardling »

mirko wrote:I am afraid Nisus Email has been quietly retired: if you look at the Nisus website or webstore, you won't find reference to it anymore...
Ok, Nisus Email is RIP, then WTF is QEDM still being sold full price after all these years with NO serious updates? I'm not sure I understand why Nisus persists with this product. It was great back in the day (over a decade ago!), but BBEdit, SubEthaEdit, Tex-Edit Plus, etc have overtaken QEDM's feature set and OS compatibility to the point where QEDM looks like a history piece from a museum.

Don't get me wrong - I think it's wonderful a company will support a legacy product for so long. All too often product support dries up while there's still a large customer base. But Nisus is still charging serious money for a product bettered by shareware text editors less than half the price.

I don't get it.

Regards,
Jamie Kahn Genet
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
zpro

Post by zpro »

Bart wrote:Well the advice (advise?; I'll never learn the difference) is clear. Thank you Mirko and Peter. I'll try to fathom Mail.app during chrismas ...

all the best
Bart
Don't waste your time with Apple Mail.app, there are several mailserver,
that it will not delete the message off the server.

Next, forget Mailsmith, had a major crash, and lost 86,000 emails,
in a single database folder.

Nisus, is great that it save each email as a doc (text file)
with better, fitlering and using the latest Real-Basic, with SQLite databse
engine as a backend.. it would be the winner product.

So, I would say, email the ceo Jerzy@nisus.com,
and tell what you think about Nisus Emailer.

Again, with a few improvements, it would be a solid product.

Cheer's
:wink: