-PAGE- appearing in table of contents

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Stephen_C

-PAGE- appearing in table of contents

Post by Stephen_C »

I am a very new (licensed) user of Nisus Writer Pro so am probably trying to run before I can walk. :) However, I have created a document with a personalised set of list styles—levels one and two of which are taken to a table of contents. Everything works perfectly save that in the case of two level one styles the table of contents page number appears as simply -PAGE-.

When I searched the user manual for help on the point all I discovered was that the same had happened on a few occasions in the index to the user manual. Is there some work around for the problem, please?

Stephen
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: -PAGE- appearing in table of contents

Post by martin »

Welcome Stephen! We're glad to have you on board using Nisus Writer and our forums. Now that your first forum post has been approved you won't have to wait for moderation on any subsequent posts you write.

As to your trouble: have you tried rebuilding the generated TOC? Be sure to checkmark the option to "update all content". That usually clears out any broken or missing TOC entries.

If you still have trouble with page number placeholders showing incorrectly please let us know and we'll investigate further. It would help if you sent us your document for inspection. Usually the best way to do that is via the menu Help > Send Feedback.
Stephen_C

Re: -PAGE- appearing in table of contents

Post by Stephen_C »

Thanks very much for the kind reply. The problem was, of course, entirely my fault. I was relying on updating of automatic content to update the table of contents. Updating as you suggest works perfectly, of course. I'm sorry for overlooking such a basic point.

Stephen