License type

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
Frank Einstein

License type

Post by Frank Einstein »

I just bought a license for NWE. When I try to add a license I am given the choice of 2 license types: a personal license or a computer license. I'm confused about the difference between them, and wondering which license I should choose. Can anyone explain?

Frank
MacSailor

Post by MacSailor »

If you will have one »account» or »user» at the computer you are installing the NWE on, you can chose the »personal licene».

But if you have several users, with different logins at the same computer and want to be able to use the NWE on all these »logins» (not at the same time though), you should chose the »computer license».

Hope it made it more clear. :wink:
Peter Edwardsson
Frank Einstein

License type

Post by Frank Einstein »

Will the Personal license allow me to use NWE on my desktop and on my powerbook (not at the same time)?
MacSailor

Re: License type

Post by MacSailor »

Frank Einstein wrote:Will the Personal license allow me to use NWE on my desktop and on my powerbook (not at the same time)?
I do not remember what the software license says about this, but I do not think that NWE will recognize if there is one or more versions of NWE with the same license number in the same network.

I think it’s a more moral issue than an technicial one. If you want to be able to use NWE on more computers at the same time, you should by the »Family Pack».

The only reason to chose between either personal or computer license is if you want to be able to use NWE at the same computer but with different users (logins).
Peter Edwardsson