Preferences - Doc Manager Visible columns

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
GleeBell

Preferences - Doc Manager Visible columns

Post by GleeBell »

Using NWP 3.3/macOS Ventura 13.0

Upon relaunch, I find that Document Manager has forgotten:

(1) my "Visible columns" choices made in Preferences - Doc Manager; and

(2) my rearrangement of these columns in the Document Manager window.

Help appreciated.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Preferences - Doc Manager Visible columns

Post by martin »

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the Document Manager. The column settings you described are stored in a file called "Document Manager Window Settings". Nisus Writer keeps the file in the standard macOS Application Support folder. Under sandboxing it has a rather ugly path:

Code: Select all

~/Library/Containers/com.nisus.NisusWriter/Data/Library/Application Support/Nisus Writer Pro/Document Manager Window Settings
Nisus Writer should always have permission to save and update files here (inside its sandbox). The fact that your window settings are lost each time indicates that Nisus Writer has lost access to this folder, probably because of some kind of system bug/hiccup. I wouldn't be surprised if you told me you recently updated to Ventura.

You can probably fix this if you completely reset Nisus Writer by moving aside its sandbox container, i.e. move the whole folder elsewhere. This will force macOS to create a new sandbox, which will likely restore proper behavior.

After you relaunched Nisus Writer and see that it is working correctly, you can probably restore additional settings if you want to work for it. Aside from the details mentioned in the FAQ, you can probably restore more by swapping in files from the prior sandbox folder you moved aside. Probably you only need to bother with the main "Nisus Writer Pro" subfolder, i.e.

Code: Select all

~/Library/Containers/com.nisus.NisusWriter/Data/Library/Application Support/Nisus Writer Pro
Good luck!