Watermark settings won't stick: v. 3.3

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
NisusUser

Watermark settings won't stick: v. 3.3

Post by NisusUser »

Hello, Martin & others,

If I put a watermark in a document (Tools > Watermark; I'm using "Watermark with Text") and tell it to apply to anything other than "Entire document," NWP does not obey :)

Once I leave the dialog and come back, it has reverted to "Entire document".

Does anyone else have it working this way, or is it just me?

Thanks!
Eric
v. 3.3 on Mac OS Ventura 13.1
phspaelti

Re: Watermark settings won't stick: v. 3.3

Post by phspaelti »

I tried a very quick test, and what I find is this:
I apply the watermark to a section only and NWP correctly reflects this. I.e., it shows the watermark only in that section.
BUT if you open the settings it shows the watermark as "Entire Document". This doesn't seem to affect the way the watermark shows in the document.
If I add another watermark in a different section, it still works correctly. But if I open the settings, no matter my selected location, it shows me the first watermark in the document and the setting "Entire Document". A bit annoying and you have to be careful how to set things, but it works.

So I'd say this is a bug, but it shouldn't affect applying watermarks the way you want.
philip
NisusUser

Re: Watermark settings won't stick: v. 3.3

Post by NisusUser »

Thank you, Philip.

I haven't had time to come back to this yet, but when I do, I'll let you know what I found. The way you described things does not sound exactly like what I was seeing, so I'll check. Also, a new re-start of the app might help re-set something. I could not get the watermark to be only on the first page – no matter what I did.