Page Guides Problem

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
Matze

Page Guides Problem

Post by Matze »

Hi Charles, hi Nisus team,

why are those page guides active when they are invisible?
It happens that I want to select some text and incidentaly click onto a page guide line an drag it instead of selecting something.

This changes the page format and I have to COM-Z revert it.

Would it be possible to add a function key to that wonderful feature, so that I can e.g. CTRL-drag that line, when I want to drag it and don't drag it, when I actually want to select text?

Best Matze
mil

Re: Page Guides Problem

Post by mil »

I second Matze's complaint. I am a new returnee to Nisus. I sadly left Nisus Classic for Word. I now find myself clicking the (invisible) page guide non-stop. Very irritating. I realize this is a feature many may like (though I'd personally prefer to do this in the ruler, rather than on the page), but can it be turned off when the page guides are invisible?

I assume that since so much time has passed since Matze's post that the answer is no.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

The answer is still that currently one cannot lock the margins. We do view moveable invisible margins a bug, eg: invisible margins should never be draggable. So I expect that to be fixed sooner than lockable margins are added.
mil

Post by mil »

Good enough. Sorry if that had been answered before. I tried to search for it, but may not have been thorough enough.

mil