German Thesaurus

Nisus Thesaurus, Nisus Writer Classic– this is the place for all other Nisus products.
Matze

German Thesaurus

Post by Matze »

Hi,

NT is english.

Will there be or is there already something alike in German, which I can use with NWE?

Best, Matze
rmark
Official Nisus Person

Post by rmark »

Matze,

As we mention in the application's description: Nisus Thesaurus uses the WordNet lexical reference database. All we did was put a good front end on the database. When (if) we become aware of similar databases for other languages, we'll do what we can to make them available in a similar manner.
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.
MacSailor

WordNet 2.0

Post by MacSailor »

When or will Nisus Thesaurus be updated with WordNet 2.0?
Peter Edwardsson
dcavar

European WordNet

Post by dcavar »

So, did you ever try to find out about the European WordNet results? They offer their data as a sample and also the full version with some licensing conditions. I don't know the details, neither the databases as such, maybe there is nothing available, but they were talking a lot about this on conferences,

Here is a link to their site:

http://www.illc.uva.nl/EuroWordNet/

By the way, there is also BalkanNet going on, where the focus will be Slavic languages. Maybe there is more material for a good multilingual thesaurus available?

ciao
DC
charles

Post by charles »

Unfortunately Euronet is very expensive (like $30,000+ for each language). After doing some research, we found that we would be unlikely to be able to even make enough to cover this substantial up front cost. Its sad too because Euronet includes interlanguage links, which means that we could show translations along with the other categories for each word.
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.
Malcolm Rowe

Thesurus

Post by Malcolm Rowe »

charles wrote:Unfortunately Euronet is very expensive (like $30,000+ for each language). After doing some research, we found that we would be unlikely to be able to even make enough to cover this substantial up front cost. Its sad too because Euronet includes interlanguage links, which means that we could show translations along with the other categories for each word.
Are you able to advise me if there Greek and German Thesurus available for use with NWE?
martinkerz

Post by martinkerz »

Have you taken a look at OpenThesaurus?

As I see it, it's free (used by OpenOffice) and seems to support some languages, including German.

http://www.openthesaurus.de/lang.php?lang=en

I know it's probably not that good, but at least it's something. :-/