Tiger : Nisus 6.5 files not recognized + generic icons

Nisus Thesaurus, Nisus Writer Classic– this is the place for all other Nisus products.
ahlawi

Tiger : Nisus 6.5 files not recognized + generic icons

Post by ahlawi »

Has anyone been experiencing the same problem with Tiger Mac OS 10.4 :

- my Nisus 6.5 "classic" files are not recognized as such, they become generic text files, I have to declare Nisus as their "open with" application in the Information dialog box, and then the file icon, instead of being Nisus's, is a fuzzy mix of various classic icons. I tried rebuilding the desktop in classic and zapped the PRAM, but no result until now.

- The former arabic and persian font "geeza", which still worked very well in 10.3 is now almost unreadable on the screen and doesn't print perfectly, although the print is better than the screen version.
dkaplan137

Post by dkaplan137 »

I also see generic icons under Tiger and the association of my Nisus documents with NisusWriter has been lost.

Is there a workaround?

-Dan
jlp

Post by jlp »

Since loading Tiger I too have noticed the broken icons for Nisus Classic. However, they still seem to open as usual. Using my kebyoard with Nisus Classic has been an experience, to say the least. I can hit cmd c, cmd v, cmd w, doesn't matter. The command executed is always open. Anyone else seen this?
dkaplan137

Keyboard shortcuts don't work in Tiger

Post by dkaplan137 »

Actually, the failure of the keyboard shortcuts happened in 10.3.9 and the workaround is already posted elsewhere on this forum - I think you need to disable the Apple Menu Options extension in Classic.