Nisus Sneak Peek Page

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
Peder

Post by Peder »

So now that we have Unicode support in the alpha, I need a version that doesn't have blacked out tool and scroll bars :wink: so that I also can enjoy it (I already enjoyed it a lot before it blacked out on me – se previous post).

By the way, does the Unicode support also mean we'll have OpenType support? That would be great!

Peder
Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas
charles

Post by charles »

Peder:

What version of Mac OS X are you using?

-Charles
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.
Meuh

Redraw bug

Post by Meuh »

The last couple of alphas seem to have problems with deleting text. The screen doesn't redraw after deleting, until you scroll down the page. I have no idea what, or how much I've deleted. I'm running OS 10.4.1
charles

Post by charles »

Mueh:

This is a known issue that we will fix. Thanks.

-Charles
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.
cgc

Post by cgc »

I'd like to see the following items on your web page (kind of like Camino does):

1. Known bug list
2. Stable release download link
3. Nightly build (or similar) download link
charles

Post by charles »

cgc:

We are looking into doing something like this. Though, we are small team and if we posted nightly builds and opened our entire bug list, we would spend all of our time answering support mail instead of writing code. (That already happens whenever we release a beta.)

-Charles
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.
cgc

Post by cgc »

Right. I think by reading your forums (while I'm at work of course) had led to some confusion about versions. Version 2.1.3. is the current release, but 2.5a3 is the current sneak peak (if I remember right). What I like about Camino and how they do it is the last stable release is a click away with the version listed while the latest beta or alpha is another click. There is no meandering through a forum to find a link and no version is ever listed for the alpha/beta. Eventually it is known that this unstable build will result in the next revision of stable build, whatever the version may end up being.

The buglist could be a simple list of major bugs. Minor bugs may take up too much space and time.
riccardo

Printing Out Style Sheets, Macros, etc.

Post by riccardo »

Maybe I missed this, but is there ever going to be a way to print out the style sheets, assigned keyboard shortcuts, macros, etc.? Although Nisus is somewhat customizable, it's hard to know what the current status is. Yes, one can view style sheets while a file is open, but that's not as handy as having a hard copy to look at at some later date. Printing these out is a great aid to planning and organization.