Can I add NWE to the Services menu?

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
HeatherKay

Can I add NWE to the Services menu?

Post by HeatherKay »

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but is there any way to add NWE to the Services menu?

I prefer to use NWE for my text editing, but at present I can only 'send' text from a web site, for example, to TextEdit, Stickies or TextWrangler, where it then needs saving before I can re-open in Express. If I could add Express to the menu, it was be a boon.

I realise I could just copy/paste or drag and drop, but I am making a new year's resolution to explore the Services menu more often.

As an aside, does anyone else find the Services menu in OSX to be one of the operating system's Cinderella features? It's there, but doesn't seem to do anything useful. Does anyone else use the features more than occasionally?
Anne Cuneo

Post by Anne Cuneo »

This is a question I have asked myself often. Well, yes, people, has anyone a solution for adding Nisus to the Services area?
Anne
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

There's currently no way to have Express appear in your services menu. But I'll take this thread as a feature request for it.
HeatherKay

Post by HeatherKay »

Thanks, Martin.

:)
Anne Cuneo

Post by Anne Cuneo »

Really, THANKS, Martin! :lol:
Anne
marc

Please add Services! : )

Post by marc »

martin wrote:There's currently no way to have Express appear in your services menu. But I'll take this thread as a feature request for it.
Well it's been a while since the first post, but I'll throw my hat in on this one too. Services are a really useful part of OS X and it would be great to see NWX being a good Cocoa-citizen. ;)

At the simplest level you could simply emulate the Services offered by TextEdit ('New window containing selection', 'Open Selected File'.)
thewolfgang

Post by thewolfgang »

Martin,

Has anything been implemented along this line yet ???

Laurence
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I'm afraid not, sorry Laurence.
thewolfgang

Post by thewolfgang »

Thanks very much! Too bad, of course. Sending text to apps has become such a common feature of the Mac Gestalt.

Laurence