Keyboard shortcut for Copyspecial - Ruler

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
David

Keyboard shortcut for Copyspecial - Ruler

Post by David »

Hi,
Returning to Nisus Express after a period with an employer who insisted on MSWord, I find that when I use the keyboard shortcut for CopySpecial Ruler, up comes the Colour palette ! (and the Copyspecial Ruler fails).

I am using Express 2.6.1 on top of MACOS 10.4.6

I can get around it by mousing to Edit/Copy Ruler, no problem, but it would be very convenient if the declared keyboard shortcut also worked. Am I overlooking something?

TIA

David
Mark XM

Re: Keyboard shortcut for Copyspecial - Ruler

Post by Mark XM »

David wrote:Hi,
Returning to Nisus Express after a period with an employer who insisted on MSWord, I find that when I use the keyboard shortcut for CopySpecial Ruler, up comes the Colour palette ! (and the Copyspecial Ruler fails).

<snip> Am I overlooking something?

David
Yup, at least on my version (2.7 FC3 ...) Copy Ruler is <Control-Command C> ... you must be mistakenly using <Shift-Command C>, which is the keystroke to open the Colour palette. :)

Yours
Mark
David

Post by David »

Mar wrote: you must be mistakenly using <Shift-Command C>, which is the keystroke to open the Colour palette.

Thanks Mark, you were right. I was mistaking ^ for the shift key!

I shall put it down to 'a senior moment'

David
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

David wrote:I shall put it down to 'a senior moment'
hehe... honestly the standard graphics for shift/control/option never seemed particularly good to me. I always have trouble remembering which is option/control.
drmacnut

Post by drmacnut »

martin wrote:
David wrote:I shall put it down to 'a senior moment'
hehe... honestly the standard graphics for shift/control/option never seemed particularly good to me. I always have trouble remembering which is option/control.
Hi David, Mark, and Martin,

You are all absolutely right! It does seem strange that Apple has not chosen to actually print the symbols directly on the keys. It's not like there isn't plenty of room!

Perhaps we should all send feedback to apple.com/feedback. I did: viz.

(to Apple Feedback, 2005-05-01)
Aloha -

I hope you will please consider placing those strange characters used for the Control, Shift, and Option keys in shortcut commands, along with the Escape character round clock-like thingy >>right on the keys themselves<<. There is enough space.

It was done for the Command key; why not the others? I have been a full-time Mac user since my first LCIII, but still cannot seem to decrypt some of the more obscure shortcut character combinations shown in drop down menus (for Final Cut Studio, for example).

Thank you in advance,
kaliko in hawaii
PB G4, 12" + PM G4, 23" - 10.4.6 PPC
iMac CD/2.0, 20" - 10.4.6 Intel
Mark XM

Post by Mark XM »

rmacnut wrote:
(to Apple Feedback, 2005-05-01)
<snip>
I hope you will please consider placing those strange characters used for the Control, Shift, and Option keys in shortcut commands, along with the Escape character <snip> right on the keys themselves
<snip>
Well, I don't know about your Macs, presumably with US keyboards, but my UK TiBook 400, about 5 years old, has the symbols on the Shift and Option keys, and my memory says all the Macs I have ever used (over about 15 years) have had them. It's only the Control key and Esc which don't have them.

Mark