problems with entering text in tables

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
h2odavid

problems with entering text in tables

Post by h2odavid »

When I create a table, it won't let me enter text into any of the areas. What am I doing wrong?
dshan

Post by dshan »

When you attempt to enter text into a table cell do you get an error message? If so what message? If not, does the insertion point appear in the cell when you click on it?

Try creating a document with the table shown on pg. 142 (Tables) Table 3, "The simplest table" of the NWX User Guide? Does that enable you to enter data?
ssampler

Post by ssampler »

As this is a problem that no-one else has encountered, it is probably something particular to your setup or system.

Things you can do (I may have forgot some):

Open console and check the log for any statements about Nisus Express generated during the time you were working on the table. Save the relevant parts.

Check for corrupt fonts using font menu.

Quit Nisus. Try moving com.nisus.NisusWriter.plist from your home Library preference folder to the desktop. The plist very rarely becomes corrupted. (I've had to do it once; most people never.) Restart and see if this did the trick.

If you are still stuck, re-install NWE.

Problem still there? Disable ALL your startup items; restart and see if the problem persists. If it is gone, one of the startup items is conflicting with NWE. Turn your startup items back on one at a time. When the problem crops up again, the last app you activated is the offender.

Other thoughts: Check that your system is healthy by running Disk Utility or Disk Warrior. Also, use a program like Onyx to clear your font caches.

If it is not a conflict problem, mail to Support the problem document, and the relevant parts of the log, and the old plist (if that was the culprit) with a description of your system (OS Version, Nisus Version, memory). State the exact circumstances, including the font.

Good luck! Let us know what happens.
h2odavid

fixed the problem

Post by h2odavid »

I had a corrupted copy of the program. I downloaded a new one and all is well.

Thanks
Dave