Support for annotations?

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
George the Flea

Support for annotations?

Post by George the Flea »

Are there any plans for Nisus Writer Express to support annotations (and, less importantly, Word-style Track Changes)? There simply aren't any good annotation options out there (I don't count Pages, thanks to it only running on Macs) and the RTF spec has support for annotations that I think would translate perfectly into Word if implemented right.

I don't know about other people, but I think that annotation support (particularly if Word could read them) would be another excellent draw for Nisus.
George the Flea
kcheney

annotations

Post by kcheney »

I second the request for annotations, and it would also be very useful to have a way to categorize them and search for them by category. For example, someone writing a book might categorize annotations as relating to facts needing to be checked, data needing to be filled in, need to consult someone else about a passage, need to get a reference for a citation, and so on. Then when you got ready to do one of those chores you could pull up all the passages needing that particular attention.
Crumpy

Post by Crumpy »

Unfortunately, the lack of this feature is a deal-breaker for me. I'm constantly using Comments in Word to make notes as I work.