Hangul to Hanja conversion

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
tvgl

Hangul to Hanja conversion

Post by tvgl »

Some weeks ago I bought Nisus Writer Express for a friend with a Mac computer for making documents in Korean and exchange these with me, having a PC with Microsoft Word 2003. Writing in Hangul and exchange documents with Words is working perfectly. It should be possible with Nisus Writer on the Mac to convert text from Hangul to Hanja. We couldn't find out how this can be done. Can anyone tell us how to do this?

tvgl
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

There is nothing specific to Nisus Writer Express that provides that conversion, but OSX may have some built-in capabilities. In searching the web I found a bug report that mentions the feature you're looking for:
Cannot convert Hangul to Hanja
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=25487

But I don't know what the Korean "power input method" is. I'll ask someone with more knowledge than I and post again later.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

The bottom of this page should explain how to convert the Hangul you've typed to Hanja. I hope that helps.
tvgl

Post by tvgl »

It took some days before I could test it, but it works now. The document you gave me a link to explained all we needed to know and the conversion from Hangul to Hanja works fine. We can continue our project. Thank you very much.