Language Switch on quit failing on Intel Macs

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
noiseboy

Language Switch on quit failing on Intel Macs

Post by noiseboy »

Language switching back to the system on quitting Nisus on intel machines is erratic to say the least. I have NWE installed on my G5 and when switching from say German to my native English(British) language setting when quitting NWE works a treat. However if I try the same trick ( with all the same preference settings) on my Intel Imac then the Language switch on quitting does not work. This is not isolated to just one intel machine..I have installed NWE demo version on other Intel Macs with the same results.

Is anybody getting this same result or has anyone had success?

Cheers

Colin who is running both PPC and Intel machine under Mac OS 10.4.8 with NWE version 2.7
xiamenese

Re: Language Switch on quit failing on Intel Macs

Post by xiamenese »

noiseboy wrote:Language switching back to the system on quitting Nisus on intel machines is erratic to say the least. I have NWE installed on my G5 and when switching from say German to my native English(British) language setting when quitting NWE works a treat. However if I try the same trick ( with all the same preference settings) on my Intel Imac then the Language switch on quitting does not work. This is not isolated to just one intel machine..I have installed NWE demo version on other Intel Macs with the same results.

Is anybody getting this same result or has anyone had success?

Cheers

Colin who is running both PPC and Intel machine under Mac OS 10.4.8 with NWE version 2.7
Yes, all the time and with many apps ... it must be a system issue not specific to NWE. For me the language in question is Chinese, so the problem smacks you in the face. It happens with Address book, Tables (Spreadsheet) every app I use Chinese in, I think ... If I have two apps running, have one of them editing in Chinese and the other in English and switch between the windows, the keyboard doesn't necessarily change at the same time.
Mark