pager numbering and page breaks

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
Shawn

pager numbering and page breaks

Post by Shawn »

Here's a quick question (I hope) for someone: in Writer Express or in the new Pro, will the program allow you to use page numbering that is similar to wordperfect? Specifically, designating numbering that reads (Page 1 of 12, etc.)? Also, will either Nisus program allow you to designate the first page as a non-numbered cover sheet, while the page numbering 1,2,3, etc., would begin on the 2nd page?

Sorry in advance about my rather wordy question...
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

You can show page numbering information in your document by inserting automatic numbers via the menu Insert > Automatic Number > Page Number. These numbers will be inserted into your selection, so if you want them to show in the header, select the header first. In that same menu is Pages in Section which will show you the total.

To not count the very first page in your document you'll want to customize your section page numbering options as so:

1. Somewhere on the first page insert a section break, eg: use the menu Insert > Section Break > Next Page.
2. Place your selection on page 2 (so it rests inside the second section).
3. In the Sections palette check the box labeled Starting Page.
4. Edit the adjacent text field so it reads "1".

Hopefully all that makes sense and accomplishes what you are after.
Shawn

Re: numbering

Post by Shawn »

Thanks, Martin. I'll give that a try.